Welcome to the New Home of Hospice Waterloo Region
The Gies Family Centre officially opened in March 2021. Recognizing that COVID made it challenging to visit our new building in person, we thought we would offer a video tour showcasing the new home of Hospice Waterloo Region.
We invite you to take a look inside the 27,000-square-foot facility, which houses the 10-bed Cook Family Residence, a Library, a non-denominational Spiritual Centre, meeting space for community groups and programs, and much more.
This video will show you some of the unique elements of our new hospice home.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Inside the courtyard is a massive silo reaching up to the sky and surrounded by a reflective pool. This is the non-denominational spiritual core of The Gies Family Centre.
- To the left of the lobby is the library holding books on many important topics, including a great selection of books to help explain grief and loss to families.
- Down the north side corridor is the medical clinic staffed by palliative physicians, who serve both resident and non-resident clients.
- We have counselling space for social workers, and our nurse consultant program provides palliative education to health care professionals.
- The Orchid Hair Salon is where clients and family members receive a nurturing wash and cut from our experienced hairdressers.
- Continuing around the circle and going through the doors is the Cook Family Residence lobby with separate entrances for clients and families.
For more information, please contact us. We welcome all inquiries.